Paul Watson Gover
Paul started life as a business intelligence professional over 10 years ago designing and building management reports using Business Objects in the financial services sector.
From there he progressed into Data Warehouse design and development and has been involved in a large number of data warehouse projects covering the entire lifecycle and across multiple technologies including the following:
- Financial Services – Entire lifecycle of a full data warehouse solution from initial analysis through to end user report creation – SQL Server
- Education – Redesign a poorly performing data mart and build a new version for servicing student admission data – Oracle
- Insurance – Design and build of a dimensional layer to provide reporting and analytic capabilities from a 3NF data warehouse – SQL Server
- Consumers’ Association – Design and build a dimensional model to support analysis of survey results – SQL Server
- Telco – Rebuild staging to remove bottlenecks in processing and introduce partitioning into fact table on a poorly performing data mart – SQL Server
- Financial Services – Integrate data from 15 different countries into a single data store layer and through to a dimensional model – SQL Server
Paul is a Certified Scrum Master and a Certified Data Vault Data Modeller.